STREETFEST 2022 — July 8 to 17, 2022 on Sir Winston Churchill Square
ALL VOLUNTEERS SHOULD BE PREPARED TO GIVE A 20 HOUR COMMITMENT (Usually 4 shifts of 5 hours)
If you are interested in volunteering but the 20 hour commitment is too much, please still apply and we will try and accommodate your needs.
StreetFest agrees to provide adequate information for the volunteer to be meet his/her designated requirements.
As a volunteer, I agree:
- To adhere to the Festival rules and procedures
- To meet the time and duty commitments or to provide adequate notice to my coordinator so alternate arrangements can be made
- To report to the Volunteer Tent or my team supervisor for my assigned shifts
- To wear my Festival name tag at all times while on shift and a StreetFest T-shirt as much as possible
- To behave in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner when dealing with the public, artists, staff and other volunteers
- Not to hold the Festival or any of its representatives liable for any injury or loss to my person or property that may occur.
- Any violation of rules, written or oral, may result in termination of my volunteer duties.
As a volunteer you are entitled:
- To be treated with respect
- To know what is expected of you and feel comfortable with your designated job
- To be recognized for your contribution
- To be treated fairly
- To be properly informed about the Festival, its expectations, procedures and rewards
Commemorative Festival T-shirt, Identification Name Tag, Program Snacks and Beverages, Volunteer Bag, Hat and other goodies, Mid-Festival draw for fabulous prizes, Access to volunteer party the last night of the festival, More Prizes and our eternal appreciation.
Handpicked by the Production and/or Volunteer Manager these volunteers provide information, aid and security on the site for everyone participating in the festival.
Work with creative people who will teach patrons juggling and other street performer skills. Duties include but are not limited to; helping artists, preparation and set up, door person, working with children, stagehand and clean up.
We need lots of volunteers to help ensure that the Square is kept looking beautiful for visitors to the Festival. We provide equipment and materials to help you dispose of garbage and sort the recyclables.
These volunteers are off site in the host hotel looking after our artists and guests by providing them with delicious meals, snacks and beverages in the Hospitality Suite. Early mornings and/or late hours are part of this crew’s duties.
Inside the Info Trailer the volunteers on this crew learn everything there is to know about the Festival – who, what, when, where and how is their business. They also sell merchandise and provide programs to visitors of the Festival. We also have a mobile element to this team for those volunteers who want to be out on the square interacting with the public.
Enjoy some time entertaining the wee folks. Activities and games will be provided for everyone coming to this area. Help our creative coordinators make this place an enjoyable, safe and fun experience.
Join us for our promotional community outreach parades, in neighbourhoods around the city before, during and after the Festival dates.
Volunteers assist the Site Operations Manager on-duty to make sure that the physical site is operating smoothly. From erecting tents, flying banners and other health and safety and esthetic features. You should be physically fit and ready for anything, (pre and post festival only).
Must be at least 25 years of age with a clean drivers abstract and a good knowledge of the city, these volunteers assist us with airport pick-ups/drop-offs pre and post festival, and errand runs and artist shuttling during the festival.
Troupe Du Jour
This team helps with crowd control before and during the nightly Troupe Du Jour show, and then with the “passing of the hats” to the crowd of patrons after the show. Volunteers may also assist with set up and strike of Troupe du Jour. Ambassadors for the festival, when on this team, presenting a fun, professional, friendly and approachable presence is key.
For the volunteer who likes people and variety; volunteers on this team help in the day-to-day running of the Volunteer Tent and act as floaters to all other teams as needed, this is also where our special skills volunteers who assist with Troupe du Jour, and Artist set up are placed.