STREETFEST 2023 — July 7 to 16, 2023 on Sir Winston Churchill Square
ALL VOLUNTEERS SHOULD BE PREPARED TO GIVE A 20 HOUR COMMITMENT (usually 4 shifts of 5 hours)
If you are interested in volunteering but the 20 hour commitment is too much, please still apply and we will try and accommodate your needs.
StreetFest agrees to provide adequate information for the volunteer to meet their designated requirements.
As a volunteer, I agree:
- To adhere to the Festival rules and procedures
- To meet the time and duty commitments or to provide adequate notice to my coordinator so alternate arrangements can be made
- To report to the Volunteer Tent or my team supervisor for my assigned shifts
- To wear my Festival name tag at all times while on shift and a StreetFest T-shirt as much as possible
- To behave in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner when dealing with the public, artists, staff and other volunteers
- Not to hold the Festival or any of its representatives liable for any injury or loss to my person or property that may occur.
- Any violation of rules, written or oral, may result in termination of my volunteer duties.
As a volunteer you are entitled:
- To be treated with respect
- To know what is expected of you and feel comfortable with your designated job
- To be recognized for your contribution
- To be treated fairly
- To be properly informed about the Festival, its expectations, procedures and rewards
Commemorative Festival t-shirt, identification name tag, program snacks and beverages, volunteer bag, hat and other goodies, mid-festival draw for fabulous prizes, access to volunteer party the last night of the festival, more prizes, and our eternal appreciation!
Audience Services volunteers provide information, aid, and site security for all Festival participants.
Busker Academy volunteers support our professional street performing artists with their street performing skills workshops. Duties include: workshop preparation, assisting kids with activities during and between workshops, and clean-up.
Environment volunteers ensure that our Festival patrons, artists, vendors, volunteers, and staff are experiencing a clean and safe Festival site. Volunteers are provided with the necessary materials and equipment to facilitate safe garbage and recyclables collection.
Festival Site Operations volunteers support the Site Operations Manager with the set-up, running, and tear-down of our Festival assets. Assets include: tents, fencing, banners, signage, tables and chairs, artist installations.
Hotel Hospitality Suite volunteers are located in our host hotel hospitality suite to ensure that breakfast and dinner catering, along with late-night snacks and beverages, are available to our Festival artists and staff during scheduled times. These volunteers are chosen by, and work under, the guidance of our Hospitality Manager.
Information Services volunteers provide Festival patrons with the Who, What, When, Where, and How of all our Festival experiences.
Kids’ World volunteers assist KW coordinators with the Kids’ World activities and games geared towards our 3 to 12-year-old Festival goers and their families. KW volunteers facilitate our Kids’ World’s safe, engaging and educational experiences.
Transportation volunteers must be at least 25 years of age with a clean drivers abstract and a good working knowledge of the city. Volunteers assist with artist airport pick-ups and drop-offs (pre/post Festival), shuttling of artists during the Festival, and errand runs.
Troupe Du Jour volunteers assist with the nightly set-up and tear-down of Troupe Du Jour audio gear and the audio booth tent. During the TDJ variety shows, volunteers assist with crowd control along with facilitating the nightly “passing of the hat” patron donation gathering following the show. As required, TDJ volunteers may also be required to assist the artists with their TDJ show gear.
Volunteer Services volunteers support the day-to-day running of the Volunteer Tent area and act as floaters for our other teams when needed, e.g. covering breaks or stepping-in to fill a vacant volunteer position.