ALL VOLUNTEERS SHOULD BE PREPARED TO GIVE A 20 HOUR COMMITMENT (Usually 4 shifts of 5 hours)
Are you interested in volunteering but the 20 hour commitment is too much? Please still apply and we’ll try and accommodate your needs.
StreetFest agrees to provide adequate information for the volunteer to be meet his/her designated requirements.
As a volunteer, I agree:
* To adhere to the Festival rules and procedures
* To meet the time and duty commitments or to provide adequate notice to my coordinator so alternate arrangements can be made
* To report to the Volunteer Tent for my assigned shifts
* To wear my Festival name tag at all times and a StreetFest T-shirt while on shift
* To behave in a friendly and courteous manner when dealing with the public, artists, staff and other volunteers
* Not to hold the Festival or any of its representatives liable for any injury or loss to my person or property that may occur.
* Any violation of rules, written or oral, may result in termination of my volunteer duties.
As a volunteer you are entitled:
* To be treated with respect
* To know what is expected of you and feel comfortable with that job
* To be recognized for your contribution
* To be treated fairly
* To be properly informed about the Festival, its expectations, procedures and rewards
Commemorative Festival T-shirt, Identification Badge, Program Snacks and Beverages, Volunteer Bag, Hat and other goodies, Mid-Festival draw for fabulous prizes, Access to volunteer party the last night of the festival, More Prizes and our eternal appreciation.
Handpicked by the Production and/or Volunteer Manager these volunteers provide information, aid and security on the site for everyone participating in the festival.
Be Your Own Busker
Work with creative people who will teach patrons juggling and other street performer skills. Duties include: helping artists, preparation, door person, working with children, stagehand, and clean up.
We need lots of volunteers to help ensure that the Square is kept looking beautiful for visitors to the Festival. We provide equipment and materials to help you dispose of garbage and sort the recyclables.
These volunteers are off site in the host hotel looking after our artists and guests by providing them with delicious meals, snacks and beverages in the Hospitality Suite. Early mornings and/or late hours are part of this crew’s duties.
Inside the Info trailer the volunteers on this crew learn everything there is to know about the Festival – who, what, when, where and how is their business. They also sell merchandise and provide programs to visitors to the Festival.
Enjoy some time entertaining the wee folks. Activities and games will be provided for everyone coming to this area. Help our creative coordinators make this place an enjoyable, safe and fun experience.
Provide the same information services as the Information Team but out and about on the site. Helping our patrons to navigate the site.
The members of this crucial fund raising team will be selling our 50/50 and/or other raffle tickets to the patrons both from a stationary booth and while roving around the site.
Volunteers assist the Production Manager to make sure that the physical site is operating smoothly. From erecting tents, flying banners and other safety and esthetic features. You should be physically fit and ready for anything, (pre and post festival only).
Troupe Du Jour
This team helps with crowd control before and during the nightly Troupe Du Jour show, and then with the “passing of the hats” to the crowd of patrons after the show. Ambassadors for the festival, when on this team presenting a fun, professional, friendly and approachable presence is key.
For the volunteer who likes people and variety; volunteers on this team help in the day to day running of the volunteer tent and act as floaters to all other teams as needed, this is also where our special skills volunteers who assist with Troupe du Jour, and Artist set up are placed.